This service is provided for residents of the Republic of Ireland only – do not use this service if you live elsewhere.
1. Acceptance of this service's Terms and Conditions
By using this service you confirm that you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland and you are deemed to understand, consent to and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions you should not use this service.
- The term 'Lloyds Online Doctor' is the trading name of Expert Health Limited.
- The term 'the Lloyds Online Doctor website' means the URL www.lloydsonlinedoctor.ie and associated pages.
- The term 'doctor' means a doctor working at Lloyds Online who is registered as a medical practitioner with the General Medical Council.
- The term 'law' shall be construed as a reference to any law (including common or customary law), statute, judgment, regulation, directive, bye law, order, ordinance or any other legislative measure of any government, supranational, local government, statutory or regulatory body or court, in each case having the force of law.
3. Responsibility of our doctors for their patients
Our doctors take exactly the same personal responsibility for each patient as they would if they were seeing a patient face to face. Neither the online nature of this service nor the existence of Expert Health Limited as the legal entity behind the Lloyds Online Doctor service seeks to diminish the professional obligations that our doctors owe to a patient.
4. The importance of providing true, timely and complete information
You agree that all information that you provide to our doctors will be true and complete to the best of your knowledge and that you will not purposefully omit to provide information that could reasonably be judged to be potentially relevant to our doctors in providing the service. You should not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
5. Scope of services provided
This service is provided for residents of the Republic of Ireland only. Our doctors provide medical services for specific medical conditions only. Our doctors do not offer medical advice or prescriptions for medical conditions not related to the specific services we provide. Because Lloyds Online Doctor is not a pharmacy we do not dispense or deliver any medicines, however, for certain services offering in-pharmacy collection, you can nominate a LloydsPharmacy to dispense your medicine. Our doctors can only answer questions relative to a service you have requested.
6. Prescriptions written by our doctors
- You agree that any medicine our doctors prescribe will be solely for your own personal use and that you will not allow any other person to take the medicine.
- You agree that you will take any prescription that our doctors issue to a traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ pharmacy and that you will not seek to order your medicines from an internet pharmacy as this is illegal under Irish law. If our doctors have issued a prescription for a medicine within a service that offers in-pharmacy collection, this will be sent electronically directly to your nominated LloydsPharmacy.
- You agree that before taking any medicine that our doctors have prescribed you will read all the information that the doctor has provided you with both online and in printed form, you will read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet that accompanies the medicine and you will follow any advice that the dispensing pharmacist provides you with. If the advice that the dispensing pharmacist provides you with contradicts the advice provided by our doctors, you agree that you will contact us for further advice before taking the medicine.
- You agree that if our doctors prescribe a medicine and you suffer from any noticeable side-effects, you will contact us to allow our doctors to fulfil their duty of after-care and to allow them to monitor the effectiveness of all medicines that they prescribe.
7. Informing your existing doctor about any treatment that is prescribed
You agree that if our doctors write a prescription for you and you want us to inform your existing doctor of any medicines that the doctor has prescribed, you will provide our doctors with the full and correct contact details of your existing doctor. Our doctors will always encourage you to let us inform your existing doctor.
8. Informed consent
You agree that by requesting treatment you formally give your informed consent for our doctors to prescribe that medicine and that you have read the information provided on the Lloyds Online Doctor website about possible side-effects, the effectiveness of the medicine you are requesting and any alternative treatments.
9. Your Lloyds Online Doctor account
- You agree that you will not share your username and password with anyone. You acknowledge that you will take all reasonable steps to ensure that a third party does not gain access to your account including protecting your device and adopting good practice for its use.
- You agree that you will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any device that you use to set up or access your account is suitably protected from potential hazards by firewalls, anti-virus software and other such security applications.
- You agree that you will not create more than one Lloyds Online Doctor account.
10. Cancellations and refunds
Lloyds Online Doctor offers a full refund on all prescriptions so long as the request for the refund is made within thirty days of payment and, in the case of paper prescriptions issued, so long as the original signed prescription is returned to us. We will only make a refund once we have received the original paper prescription or in the case of electronic prescriptions sent to your nominated LloydsPharmacy, confirmation from that pharmacy directly to us that the medicine has not been dispensed.
12. Vulnerabilities of certain types of communications
The online nature of the Lloyds Online Doctor service necessarily relies upon using electronic forms of communication, post, telephone and SMS. There are inherent vulnerabilities in using such forms of communication and we are therefore unable to give a guarantee that a third party unrelated to our service will not intercept communications. We use secure technology, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to protect information submitted through this website and have procedures in place to ensure data is protected from unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage. Accordingly, the most secure and confidential way to communicate with us is by logging into your patient record on our website and sending us a message, ensuring any computer, device or telephone you use is suitably protected from potential interception.
a. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will Lloyds Online Doctor or our doctors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of emotional well-being including, but not limited to, any embarrassment caused
- loss of data outside of our legal obligations
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits
- loss of business
- loss of opportunity
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
- losses suffered by third parties
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Lloyds Online Doctor service regardless of the form of action.
Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude or limit Lloyds Online Doctor’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
b. You agree that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Lloyds Online Doctor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any treatment, information, advice or action relied on or followed by any person using the Lloyds Online Doctor service.
c. Lloyds Online Doctor does not warrant that the Lloyds Online Doctor websites or this service in general will be either available without interruption or error-free or that the website, server, hardware and software that support the Lloyds Online Doctor service are free from viruses or something that may interfere with the normal operations of your systems. Lloyds Online Doctor will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the transmission of data as may occur during communications with Lloyds Online Doctor.
d. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Lloyds Online Doctor disclaims any liability resulting from the provision of services by third party providers. Liability shall rest with the appropriate third party provider and shall not under any circumstance be deemed to rest with Lloyds Online Doctor.
14. Exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reasons of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the agreement and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. The above Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
15. Change to Terms and Conditions
Lloyds Online Doctor reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the website and the entire Lloyds Online Doctor service after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified by the posted changes.