Collect your prescription the same day
Consult with a doctor straight away
Ireland’s leading online doctor, with over 30,000 patients
Prescriptions arrive within 5-7 working days
- A progesterone-only/mini-pill
- 99% effective at preventing pregnancy when taken correctly
- May be suitable if you cannot take contraception with oestrogen (the combined pill), e.g if you are breastfeeding, over 35 and smoke, have high blood pressure or are overweight
Cerazette, (otherwise known as the mini-pill or progesterone-only pill) is an oral contraceptive that contains desogestrel, a synthetic progesterone, similar to the one produced by your body.
How do I take Cerazette?
Cerazette must be taken at the same time every day to be fully effective. If you are more than 12 hours late taking a pill, you will not be protected. You should not take a pill free break in between packets, even while you’re having your period. If you forget or miss a pill, consult the patient information leaflet that comes with the medication.
How effective is Cerazette?
Cerazette is 99% effective when taken correctly.
|What are the side effects?|
Some of the more common side effects associated with Cerazette may include: nausea, headaches, lowered sex drive, mood swings, a change in bleeding pattern: no periods, irregular bleeding or spotting. If you have any concerns or persistent side effects please consult a doctor.
If you experience any severe or serious side effects please contact your nearest emergency department for urgent medical attention.
Please read the patient information leaflet, which comes with the medication carefully before taking your pill which provides a full list of side effects and serious signs to look out for.
|Can I take other medicines with Cerazette?|
Certain medications and herbal remedies can reduce the effectiveness of your pill. If you start taking any prescription or non-prescription medications while taking the pill then contact us via your patient record. Alternatively, your own doctor should be able to give you guidance.
|Do I need a blood pressure reading?||No - this is not necessary for the mini-pill. However you should have your blood pressure checked regularly for your general health.|
|How long does Cerazette take to work?||If you have not previously been using a hormonal contraceptive, you should start taking this pill on the first day of your period. This will protect you against pregnancy straight away. If you take it any later, make sure that you are not already be pregnant, and use condoms for two days to be protected.|
|What happens if I am not suitable for a prescription?|
If our doctors think that an online consultation is not appropriate we will let you know via your patient record and refund you straight away. Please note that refunds take two to three working days to appear on your statement.
Delivery & In-Pharmacy Collection
- Order online and collect your prescription in-pharmacy at participating LloydsPharmacy stores. Same-day collection on orders placed before 4pm Monday to Friday. Simply pay for your medication when you collect.
- Place an order before 4pm Monday to Friday and receive your paper prescription in the post within five to seven working days.
- Prescriptions delivered by post do not require a signature and the envelope will make no reference to its contents or where it's come from.
- Take your paper prescription to a pharmacy of your choice to purchase your medication.